Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Reviews : Broken Promises and Broken Dreams by Dawn Pendleton





After three years in Boston attending college, Mallory Wells has come home to Casper, Maine to care for her father, who is dying from cancer. She left Casper without looking back, leaving her small-town life and everyone in it, behind. Including her sexy high school sweetheart.
Luke Bates was devastated when Mallory left him for the city life. He managed to pull himself together and move on, even if only just barely. When Mallory shows up in town, Luke vows to stay away from her at all costs. So why does he keep checking in on her and her father, showing up when he's clearly uninvited? Maybe Luke isn't as 'over her' as he thought.





First I hate Mallory because of her selfishness. And I hate Luke because he didn't go with Mallory to Boston. 
Mallory want to over Luke because he left her all alone in Boston. Luke barely over her but When she turn her hometown seems like he never over him. 
Mallory's Dad,Joe is dying... *sob* When she learn she quickly turn to Casper.

I love every inch.This book make me cry so much. This Dawn's first book I read and she is AWESOME! I never read a book like made me feel all emotional.

I will be honest with you. I didn't like Mallory at all in the beginning. I thought she was extremely selfish, and I thought Luke was much better off without her, especially reading the flashback of when they broke up during prom. But WOW!  Dawn change my mind so quickly!

Mallory is living and going to school in Boston. She finds out that her dad is sick and comes home-- here to find out some troubling news and to find the ex/love of her life Luke working on her and her father's home....

Luke wonderful guy enjoys living in Casper and misses Mallory. He is surprised to see her back in Casper and judges her before even knowing some truths.
Despite it all, the attraction and love is still there despite the 3 year separation!
These two were wonderful characters as well as her father! He was a wonderful man to both kids and I enjoyed reading about him and even cried too!

It kept me hooked the whole time I was reading it.While it did make me cry, it also made me laugh and smile. Joe's death is a big part of the book and has a big affect on many of the characters but there is much more to the book than that.






Rainey Daniels has been keeping a secret since she left her hometown, three years ago. The death of a friend’s father, though, has her questioning whether or not running away from her past is what’s best for her future. Add sexy Chris Baker in the mix and she’s even more unsure. After all, life is short.
Baker is an all-around good guy with a great sense of humor struggling to keep his new bar afloat. And he always thought Rainey was hot, even when she carried a few extra pounds in high school. Hell, he thinks she’s too skinny now. He knows she’s hiding something, too, but when he pushes the issue, she pushes him away. He tries not to care; she only wants a summer fling, right? But when her life is threatened, he realizes he may just be in love with her… and then he learns her secret.
Can they find love together before it’s too late?




In Broken Promises, Rainey was meeting with Mallory in Boston to tell her what her ultimate secret was. While I was thinking that it would be something worth being happy about ( maybe a pregnancy), I was quite mistaken. I really was not expecting that! I thought that Broken Promises was dramatic but this one was even more so.
Rainey Daniels wanted a summer fling: no commitments, no strings and no complications. She didn’t need added problem into her life. She had been harboring a secret for three years only a few close people to her knew. She didn’t want to be a burden to anyone; even she kept her best friend Mallory in the dark, knowing that she took her father’s death hard.Then there’s the sexy, bar-owner,turned-fling Chris Baker who can take her breath away.He had always thought Rainey was beautiful and hot despite the extra weight she carries during her high school days, but seeing her now – skinny with unexplained bruises – left him wondering what secret she’s been keeping from him.Baker- bad boy, playboy, but NOT with Rainey! She had his heart years ago and now is SO happy she is home.
He knew she was hiding something but stood by her and waited.

I loved reading more about Joe and how even after he was gone he still managed to still positively impact their lives, even Baker’s.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I appreciate every one of them! So Thank you!