Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Review : Epilogue by C.J Roberts


 
EPİLOGUE

Orginal Title: Epilogue

Series : The Dark Duet

Edition language : English
Version : Kindle
Pages : 209
Published:
June 11th 2013 by Neurotica Books, LLC
(first published May 18th 2013) 
I’m writing this because you begged. You know how I love the begging. In fact, you probably know too many things and know them far too well.

Who am I?

Well, that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I was a whore in my youth, a killer since my adolescence, and a monster as a man. I am the man who kidnapped Livvie. I am the man who held her in a dark room for weeks. But, most importantly, I am the man she loves.

She loves me. It’s quite sick, isn’t it?

Of course, there’s more to our story than can be surmised in a few short sentences, but I’m at a loss for justifying my behavior back then. I assume if you’re reading this, I don’t need to make those justifications. You’ve already made your own.

You’re reading this because you want to know about the rest of the story. You want to know what happened that warm summer night in September of 2010, the night I met Livvie at The Paseo. It was the night my life changed all over again.

It didn’t happen exactly as Livvie said. She’s been very kind to me in the retelling of our story. The truth is far more…complicated.






OH GOD FİNALLY IT'S OVER,I THOUGHT.


it's like torture to me and I did myself. It was hard to read.The series so messed up.Okay The Writer is amazing I don't say her ability but subject is so awful for me.Because I don't like to read Dark and bdsm things.So yes that is it.


 It is difficult for me to believe that most readers were satisfied with this book, that kidnapping a high school student and training her to be a sex slave makes a good setting for a romantic suspenseful novel.
The rape and other sex crimes committed in this book caused my stomach to turn, and if that weren't enough, the victims experienced orgasms during the forced violations.
The scenes are graphic and detailed, just as most erotica books are written to provoke some sensuality from the reader, the difference is that rape isn't sensual nor is it satisfying and pleasurable to the victim.
 I don't know how anyone can take the serious problem of human trafficking, and make a love story from it.
This book is probably a rapist's favorite bedtime story. It brings to mind that infamous quote from Bobby Knight: "if rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it".
I'm disappointed that this book was recommended to me, I'm embarrassed that I downloaded it, and it disturbs me to think that something as serious as rape and kidnapping is entertainment. 





About Author


 She was born and raised in Southern California.  Following high school, she joined the U.S. Air Force in 1998, served ten years and traveled the world.  Her favorite part of traveling is seeking out the seedy underbelly of the city.

She is married to an amazing and talented man who never stops impressing her; they have one beautiful daughter.

She also writes under the name Jennifer Roberts.










  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I appreciate every one of them! So Thank you!