Sunday, September 29, 2013

Review : Captive in the Dark by C.J Roberts


Captive in the dark

original title Captive in the Dark 
ISBN13 : 2940011444937
edition language: English
series : The Dark Duet #1
characters : Muhammad Rafiq, Olivia Ruiz, Caleb 
Version : ebook
Pages : 276 pages
Published :  July 20th 2011 by CJ Roberts
 




Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. For twelve years he has immersed himself in the world of pleasure slaves searching for the one man he holds ultimately responsible. Finally, the architect of his suffering has emerged with a new identity, but not a new nature. If Caleb is to get close enough to strike, he must become the very thing he abhors and kidnap a beautiful girl to train her to be all that he once was.

Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is Caleb, though he demands to be called Master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps Olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him.






Review :


I have to admit.I actually I don't read like that book but my friends read it so much and I give a shot,I read it.Yes I'm right,I certainly DON'T LİKE THAT BOOK!!

It was horrible.I don't like to say or read 'MASTER' ?!?! What the fuck? Even if just for pleasure,I don't like.Sorry my friends,I don't like it but I have all book in this series and I have to read it.




The things I don't like;

1. Rape and sexual assault
2. Physical assault
3. Kidnapping
4. Belt beatings that leave welts FOR DAYS
5. Chaining a woman up IN THE DARK in a manner that we wouldn't treat animals
6. A deep misunderstanding of proper punctuation
7. Trite, overwrought descriptions and dialogue
8. SLAVERY
9. The most inexplicable case of Stockholm's ever
10. Sexism
11. SEX TRAFFICKING
12. Poor characterization and story development
13. Victim who still attends high school (18-years-old, but I still got some pedo vibes.


That's the problem with so many of these self-pubbed, innocent young thing falls in love with gorgeous dickbag stories. IF CALEB LOOKED LIKE THE MONSTER HE IS ON THE INSIDE, NO ONE WOULD WANT TO FUCK HIM. NO ONE WOULD FALL IN LOVE WITH HIM. NO ONE WOULD MAKE EXCUSES FOR HIS FUCKING INHUMANITY. Why did I have to type that in all caps, you wonder? BECAUSE IT FUCKING PISSES ME OFF.

Now, it pains me that I have to type this, but WORDS SEND MESSAGES. This is not just a story. It's a reflection of our times, a reflection of our pre-occupation with romanticizing the stories of victims so we won't have to think about the reality. The reality is scary as shit. I get it. No one wants to end up a sex slave like Livvie. So it seems the only way we can deal with that fear is by making the situation not SO bad. Sure, Caleb commits unspeakable crimes, but he's a HAWT anti-hero. What he does to Livvie isn't right, but he had a rough childhood. Love will REDEEM him. A virginal little flower like Livvie will make him a better man. That's all these rapists and sex traffickers need, you see. The love of an abused, dehumanized woman. Forget personal responsibility. Forget the sacrifices of Livvie's freedom and personal agency. Let's instead be aroused by Caleb beating Livvie to break her will and anally raping her.

This is not just fiction. Sure, the story is totally made up. Caleb and Livvie are not real people. This comes entirely from the imagination of C.J. Roberts. However, even the most fantastical fiction reflects snippets of our culture, of our worldviews. That's why the written word is so powerful. Indeed, that's why people have tried to cut off access to books in the past. By no means do I think that Captive in the Dark should be censored. I think it's irresponsible as all hell, but anyone should be and is permitted to read and make up their own minds.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I appreciate every one of them! So Thank you!