Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Partials by Dan Wells



The human race is all but extinct after a war with Partials—engineered organic beings identical to humans—has decimated the population. Reduced to only tens of thousands by RM, a weaponized virus to which only a fraction of humanity is immune, the survivors in North America have huddled together on Long Island while the Partials have mysteriously retreated. The threat of the Partials is still imminent, but, worse, no baby has been born immune to RM in more than a decade. Our time is running out.

Kira, a sixteen-year-old medic-in-training, is on the front lines of this battle, seeing RM ravage the community while mandatory pregnancy laws have pushed what's left of humanity to the brink of civil war, and she's not content to stand by and watch. But as she makes a desperate decision to save the last of her race, she will find that the survival of humans and Partials alike rests in her attempts to uncover the connections between them—connections that humanity has forgotten, or perhaps never even knew were there.



“I didn’t study medicine to watch people die." -Kira” 



I love like this book.I guess I can say this is very unique...for me.Because I'm not much read like that books.Okay I read this book about in 3 days because it something came up and I can't find a time for reading.
I love Kira.She's so outspoken.She's also so strong and confident.She's really good model for readers.
I don't know yet to love or hate Marcus because like he's dog for Kira.If Kira wants him to say yes for her,he says...


The world-building and plot was amazing *hands-down* It was extremely immersive, and even though I didn’t understand a lot of the medical talk being the idiot that I am, I still appreciated the effort Wells put into it. It was very, well, scientific.


“Happiness is the most natural thing in the world when you have it, and the slowest, strangest, most impossible thing when you don't. It's like learning a foreign language: You can think about the words all you want, but you'll never be able to speak it until you suck up your courage and say them out loud.” 


Kira lives in a world where life is bleak, and the good really do die young. At 16 years old, she works as a medic in the hospital maternity ward, watching as the 5000th infant dies in the ward. Babies don’t live anymore since the Break, and scientists, doctors and researchers are trying desperately to find a cure for the virus that continues to plague all. Kira’s world is one where all must abide by the Hope Act, forcing all fertile girls to begin breeding at just 18 years old. Kira knows there has to be a better future, but when she decides to look for the cure herself, Kira begins to learn there is more to the world around her, her race and even the Partials, who they fear the most.


“Life comes from death, and weakness teaches us strength.” 


The Things I like;
  • Kira
  • Samm
  • Scientific terms(even I don't understand)
  • Dan Wells writing Skill
  • The Escapings

The things I don't like;
  • MARCUS
  • Haru 
  • The war
  • The RM
  • Breeding age
  • dying babies
  • Beating Samm


 
Dan Wells is a thriller and science fiction writer. Born in Utah, he spent his early years reading and writing. He is he author of the Partials series (Partials, with the second book coming early 2013) and John Cleaver series (I Am Not a Serial Killer, Mr. Monster, and I Don't Want To Kill You). He has been nominated for both the Hugo and the Campbell Award, and has won two Parsec Awards for his podcast Writing Excuses. His newest novel, The Hollow City, was released in July.

 

 Goodreads       Twitter           Facebook

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I appreciate every one of them! So Thank you!