Monday, February 24, 2014

Promo Blitz : Paradise Taken & Saving Us by C.M Hutton



Paradise Taken

Based on true events.
Four lives, intertwined by friendship and business, whose true story was more devastating than fiction.
Rob and Kaye were thrilled to be moving to the island of St. John with dear friends Jake and Claire. The men were going into business together and relocating with their families to the beautiful tropical paradise. It was a dream come true for the longtime friends.
But, when feelings are revealed and temptation takes control, one friendship turns from lust to love and no one can walk away unscathed.
And, one person's ultimate decision leaves everyone lost and devastated.

Excerpt

Jake took the lounger next to me, and we sat in silence for a while as we gazed up at the clear night sky.  Jake finally broke the quiet night air. “Are you happy living here, Kaye?”
“Yes, very…why do you ask?”
“I was just asking.  You seem to glow all the time like you’re very content.” He smiled slightly. “I only ask because I like to see you happy.  You have the best smile, and it’s contagious.  It brings me tremendous joy.”
I flushed at his comment. It stirred something in me—embarrassment, confusion, happiness…I didn’t know.  Jake reached over and put his hand on my arm, and a chill ran through me.
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable.  We’ve known each other a long time, and I’ve always wanted to tell you that.”
I felt his sincere kindness, and it made me blush again. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. “Jake, you are so sweet to say such nice things to me.  All these years you’ve treated me with love and respect, and I adore you.”


Jake leaned over and kissed my cheek, and I jumped at his touch.  His eyes widened in shock, almost like he couldn’t believe he’d done it either.  We both stared at each other for a few long seconds, then started laughing.


Buy Links










Saving Us (Sequel to Paradise Taken)

Our love affair wasn't what everyone wanted it to be. It was raw and full of absolute joy
and unbelievable pain. !
My love for another woman had consumed me for years and now that Kaye was mine, I
wasn’t ever letting her go. I knew the consequences of our affair would be devastating to
our families, but I was too selfish to walk away.
My beautiful Kaye was having my baby and we were determined to get our happily ever
after....until one day, one event, one conversation threatened it all. !
"I had to know what went wrong. My stomach was sick with grief and I didn't know what to
do next or even how to help Kaye.
I needed to get to her.
It didn't matter what Rob or Claire thought. No one could stop me from going. I knew
she needed me. I could feel it deep in my soul." Jake

Excerpt

The pain in Kaye’s eyes was almost too much for me to bear. I knew she loved me and wanted
to be with me, but having Rob and the kids standing there when we drove up was painful for her.
I wanted to force her back into my car and drive away. I knew that would never happen. She
loved her kids too much, and she still cared a great deal about Rob. !
I was certain their kids knew nothing about the baby being mine. It appeared that the affair
wasn’t a big surprise, but apparently, the paternity was a secret. That didn’t matter to me—not at
that moment. !
Reluctantly, I got in my rental and drove away from the love of my life and my baby. I needed to
give Kaye some time with Rob and her kids. I hated it, but I didn’t really see a choice. !
As I drove back to our hotel, I thought about how things could have been all these years had I
just told Kaye about my feelings while we were in college. I didn’t regret my life with Claire,
and I certainly didn’t regret my children, but they’d never fully had my heart. It belonged to...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I appreciate every one of them! So Thank you!