Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Review : Incarnate by Jodi Meadow

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.


NOSOUL
Even Ana's own mother thinks she's a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she'll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana's new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana's enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else's life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.




“There's always the option of deciding for yourself who you are and what you'll become.” 



Review

 

In Range for millions of years souls have been reincarnated, everyone knows everybody and they all know one thing for certain, once they die they will come back. Everything is shattered when Ana is born, the little girl that came into this world when everyone was expecting Ciana reincarnation, but she never came back.
No soul, that's what Ana's been called her whole life, she's been told she isn't allowed to love, that the feeling she believes to feel aren't real, that she isn't even worthy of being alive.
That is what Ana has been led to believe her whole life, that because of her Ciana disappeared for ever she is one with out a soul. 

“Who am I?" My first spoken words.
"No one," she said. "Nosoul.” 

Everything changes on Ana's eighteen birthday the day she is finally free from her mother Li and all her horrible cares, Ana embarks on a journey to find out who she is and why she is now part of this world.
I liked Ana's character. She's tough and super stubborn, and I really think it's because she's hurting. She doesn't fit in with the world around her, and she's confused about who she is. When you live in a world full of people that have known each other for thousands of years...it's easy to feel like you don't belong. The author does a wonderful job of alienating Ana.

“I think I died to be reborn with you” 

Sam. What can I say about Sam. He's Ana's age , but at the same time, he's thousands of years old. Some people are fans of the romance, and I was at times! But at other points in the story, like when Ana wore some of Sam's girl clothing from years and years ago...I was a little bit creeped out! I had to tell myself to think of him NOW as just a boy, one who was soft and gentle and great at getting past Ana's stubbornness. Once I got past a few things about Sam, I really really enjoyed his character and the relationship they built.




“Im not going to waste time being angry about things I cant control. If I only have one life, I should make the most of it.”  





The picture's source is Deviantart



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. I appreciate every one of them! So Thank you!